Friday November 19, 2021
10:00 AM – 12:30 PM
FREE livestream event for parish staffs, leadership teams, key volunteers, and clergy
This year’s Parish Day of Renewal will dive into the Witness phase of the Encounter/Grow/Witness paradigm. Our keynote speaker, Dr. Mary Healy, will remind us how the Holy Spirit activated the first disciples and caused the explosion of Christianity in the ancient world through their witness. That same Spirit is at work today, and this year’s Parish Day of Renewal will not only provide inspiration and new tools and supports for ministry, but it will culminate in a Witness Weekend, where parishes will bring the Gospel into the world. Click here for a list of ideas and best practices for mission-focused activities to reach out into our neighborhoods and communities. Parishes and Families of Parishes are welcome to share their plans with us here so that we can highlight them at the Parish Day of Renewal.
This year, we celebrate the 5th anniversary of Synod 16. Don’t miss this opportunity to celebrate this milestone event in the history of our Archdiocese by putting our faith into action in the spirit of Unleash the Gospel!
- 10:00am – Welcome
- 10:15am – Opening Prayer
- 10:35am – Inspirational Speaker – Dr. Mary Healy
- 11:10am – Time for Reflection & Discussion
- Click here for reflection questions
- No virtual small groups will be hosted. Please use this time to reflect on your own or with the people you are watching the livestream with.
- 11:45pm – Archbishop Vigneron's Address
- 12:00pm – Updates from the Department of Evangelization & Missionary Discipleship
- 12:20pm – Raffle drawings & Witness Weekend
- 12:25pm – Closing Prayer
Featured Speaker: Dr. Mary Healy
Dr. Mary Healy, professor of Scripture at Sacred Heart Major Seminary in Detroit, is a bestselling author and international speaker. She is a general editor of the Catholic Commentary on Sacred Scripture and author of two of its volumes, The Gospel of Mark and Hebrews. Her other books include The Spiritual Gifts Handbook and Healing: Bringing the Gift of God’s Mercy to the World. Dr. Healy was appointed by Pope Francis as one of the first three women ever to serve on the Pontifical Biblical Commission.
Questions for Reflection
Bringing the Gospel into the World
- Do you believe that in the present crisis God is calling the Church to a paradigm shift? If so, what would it look like?
- What are some ways that your parish can create a culture of openness to the Holy Spirit, allowing Him to move in power?
- Do you have a personal relationship with the Holy Spirit? How might you deepen that relationship and seek to be “clothed with power from on high”?
- What are some specific ways that the Lord may be calling you to go out to the lost sheep with the good news of Christ?
- Putting yourself in the shoes of a spiritual “seeker” who comes to church for the first time ever, what will they experience if they show up at your parish? Are there ways your parish can become more welcoming?